- This month on Filmed Live Musicals podcast I had the delight of chatting with Jess Ryan, CEO of Broadway Unlocked, a company that creates live digital shows and experiences including premiers, galas, and fundraising events.
- I returned to in-person work as a standardized patient at the Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine. I learn case details, and through structured improv help student doctors have real-life encounters with a "patient" and provide feedback so they can improve their interpersonal and communication skills. It's challenging, fun, and incredibly rewarding.
- Back on Broadway baby! It was an emotional journey to be working front of house for the return of Broadway after 471 days, or 67 weeks and 2 days, or 15 months of being shut down due to the pandemic. Such a joy to work in this beautiful, historic theatre.
- My oh my, May was busy! This month on Filmed Live Musicals podcast I chatted with the visionary CEO of Broadway on Demand Sean Cercone and learnt how his mother-in-law inspired the creation of an entire platform, triple threat James T. Lane who shared his inspiring journey to creating a one man show that will be streamed later this year, and the delightful Susan Jamson, Press and PR Manager for the brilliant north London inclusive theatre company Chickenshed.
- I got to do an actual in-person, with other live in-the-flesh people thing! MasterVoices chorus members met in-person at the Linda Gross Theater in NYC to film "Saturn Returns: the Return" for the final chapter of Adam Guettal's Myths and Hymns. We even got to *hum* together!
- The final chapter of MasterVoices' virtual production of Myths and Hymns was released! All four chapters are now available on demand via YouTube.
- On episodes 18 and 19 of Filmed Live Musicals podcast I had the joy of chatting with two effervescent multi-talented women - composer and musician Lourds Lane, whose new rock musical SuperYou was filmed live at a drive-in in upstate New York, and performer Jalynn Steele who appeared in the streamed concert reading of new parody musical Titanique!
- This month on the Filmed Live Musicals podcast I had so much fun chatting with the brilliant Benita de Wit, an Aussie director now based in NYC, and Tertia Sefton-Green, Creative Director of HMDT Music.
- Chapters 1 and 2 of MasterVoices' virtual production of Myths and Hymns was nominated for a Drama League Award for Outstanding Digital Production! So very proud and honored to be a part of this extraordinary group.
- We had a quarantine date night at home watching the truly brilliant Bollywood Kitchen presented by Geffen Theatre. In addition to the stream, we received a box with ingredients to make a scrumptious Indian curry, which we were taught how to cook as part of the show. Hands down one of the most delicious productions I've ever seen!
- On the Filmed Live Musicals podcast I chatted with Marc Teitler and Tim Phillips, composers of the smash-hit British musical The Grinning Man.
- We adopted a puppy, Voltaire! He's a black lab mix, and he's named for the French philosopher because Aaron is a philosophy teacher, and the musical connection with Bernstein's Candide. Voltaire is truly the best of all possible puppies!
- This month on the Filmed Live Musicals podcast t I had the pleasure of chatting with British director, dramaturg, and musical theatre advocate Adam Lenson and Aussie-now-based-in-London producer Eliza Jackson of Lambert Jackson Productions.